The Apex Universities Programmes
HOW TO APPLY
The application process is now open!
The Apex Universities programme, one of Excell3’s flagship programmes, is a pre-university programme designed to support students to gain access to universities, particularly those deemed to be the high- profile universities including Oxford and Cambridge.
The programme has been running successfully for well over a decade
Over 95% of our student’s progress onto university
Our Target Group
The programme targets Year 9 students from backgrounds that are underrepresented in Russell Group and other top universities as well as students that are from families without a history of attending university e.g. Black and minority ethnic students, white working class males, children in care. We particularly want to support students who have the potential to excel academically but who are at risk of under-achieving.
About The Programme
Each programme runs over a four year period and incorporates:
- The accredited course ‘Overcoming Barriers to university’, developed by one of our co-founders, a doctoral graduate from the university of Oxford
- Academic master classes, delivered by world renown practitioners, to help drive-up students’ attainment levels
- Information, advice and guidance on the university application process
- A combination of face to face on site training at university sites, on line training and self-study to encourage independent learning
- Sessions delivered by both Excell3 personnel and University staff
- Parents training sessions, including an optional accredited course.